The Graduate School
G-1 Communications Building
Seattle, Washington 98195-3770
Guy and Charlotte Springsteel Graduate Fellowship
2012-13 AWARD: open deadline
This fellowship was established by Frederick Springsteel in honor of his parents, Guy and Charlotte, who met at Western Washington University.
The fellowship is intended to support graduate students interested in pursuing a professional career in library and information science.
- $2,000 to be awarded to one recipient
- award is payable the following academic year
To be eligible to apply, a student must:
- be a currently enrolled student in a master's program in the Information School (iSchool),
- have been a Washington state resident at the time of admission to the graduate program,
- have been employed by the UW Libraries for at least autumn and winter quarters during the year they apply for the fellowship, AND
- have received an undergraduate degree from Western Washington University, Central Washington University, or Eastern Washington University.
Preference will be given to a graduate of Western Washington University.
The award process is handled by UW Libraries.
Application materials should be combined as one PDF document. To be considered for this fellowship, the following material must be received by
the application deadline:
- A one-page personal statement outlining your aspirations for graduate study and plans for your professional career after graduation, and
- An unofficial UW transcript (printable copy from MyUW)
Applications should be submitted directly to the Catalyst Collect-It box at:
Application Deadline: open
A review committee, including representatives from the UW Libraries and the iSchool, will meet to review all applications. The committee will make
a recommendation to the Dean of University Libraries, Lizabeth (Betsy) Wilson, who will make the final decision.
If you have questions, please contact Sheryl Stiefel, Director for Advancement, UW Libraries, at firstname.lastname@example.org