Matriculated students who have failed to maintain active status but who wish to resume studies in their previous degree program may request reinstatement to the Graduate School.
Important Notes – Please review carefully:
- Students should consult with their graduate program and obtain approval prior to submitting a reinstatement request.
- International students should additionally consult with the International Student Services (ISS) office prior to submitting a reinstatement request to ensure that necessary visa documentation can be issued in time to meet registration deadlines.
- Students approved for reinstatement must pay a $250 reinstatement fee to process the request and return to active status; fees are paid online with MasterCard or Visa.
- Students are not eligible for reinstatement if they are registered, graduated, or last enrolled in a non-matriculated status.
- Students approved for reinstatement must register the quarter for which they requested reinstatement.
- Students who are eligible for reinstatement but instead submit a new application for admission will have their application fee refunded and be assessed the $250 reinstatement fee.
Complete information regarding reinstatement policy, eligibility, and request process is located at: http://www.grad.washington.edu/policies/general/reinstatement.shtml
To log into the reinstatement request form, students will need their UW NetID and password. To obtain a forgotten UW NetID or password, please contact UW Information Technology at email@example.com
Office of Graduate Enrollment Management Services
G-1 Communications | Box 353770 | Seattle, Washington 98195
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 206.685.2630