Skip to Content
Skip to Navigation

Graduate School Forms

Several interactive forms for Graduate School procedures are on this page, in addition to listing forms that are not available electronically and how to obtain them.

Additional forms for procedures at the University of Washington can be found at the Office of the Registrar's page for Forms Online. If you have difficulty accessing these forms you may contact the Graduate Education Services office at or phone 685-2630.

Form Use When to Submit Signature Required / Comments
Human and Animal Care Certification Form Faculty committees must sign for graduate students pursuing thesis or dissertation research When master's or doctoral committees are constituted (required for all committees constituted) All members of supervisory committee
Petition to the Dean (Online) Use on the advice of your academic department to waive Graduate School requirements Anytime Processed online (Petitions processed weekly; some petitions require additional review and may take longer than 1 week)
Petition for Reduced Enrollment Used to request permission to enroll for less than the 10 credit minimum while holding a graduate degree appointment.  *Please note that satisfying one of the 3 criteria listed on the form is necessary for approval by the Graduate School. Before or at the beginning of the quarter for which you are requesting approval for reduced enrollment Graduate Program Coordinator or Chair of Academic Department
Required Off-Site Education Approval (R.O.S.E.) For doctoral students pursuing required off-site education. no later than 5th day of instruction Student, Graduate Program Coordinator
Request for On-Leave Status (online) Used to request on-leave status Two weeks prior to the first day of instruction through the last day of instruction for that quarter. Graduate Program Coordinator of Academic Department (Electronic Approval)