The Graduate School
G-1 Communications Building
Seattle, Washington 98195-3770
GPA Mentoring Program
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to participate in the GPA Mentoring Program as either a mentor or a mentee.
Information for Prospective Mentors and Mentees
Graduate Program Advisors (GPAs) are the key staff who support graduate work at the University of Washington. By matching senior GPAs with new GPAs, the GPA Mentor program aims to strengthen the UW graduate community by fostering a cooperative network that develops the relationships, knowledge, and skills that allows GPAs to deliver a high level of service to the academic departments they serve.
- Help new mentees become more familiar with the organizational culture, how to accomplish their job, to be aware of university resources, and to network with other GPAs.
- To enable GPAs to exchange departmental best practices and ideas on how to accomplish departmental goals most effectively.
- Increase the flow of accurate and timely information through the GPA organization, both upward and downward.
- Further sensitize mentors to the needs, experiences, and situations of other members of the UW graduate community.
- Provide accessible and additional resources to GPAs (other than the Graduate School itself).
- Improve GPA knowledge by exposing them to other UW academic departments, including their cultures and procedures.
- Contribute to GPA morale, motivation, and sense of community.
- Create an enduring community and lasting impact on graduate education at the UW.
These mentoring resources are intended to assist both GPA mentors and GPA mentees with initiating and continuing their mentoring relationship.
Office of Graduate Enrollment Management Services
G-1 Communications | Box 353770 | Seattle, Washington 98195
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 206.685.2630